Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Kallie’s Observation Appointment

 10/09/12
I took Kallie to Providence Outpatient Rehab to have her eating issues looked into. Saw a wonderful doctor ( I guess she was a doctor/Speech Therapist) Becky Martin. I told her everything about how Kallie eats/doesn’t eat. Talked to her for an hour. She watched Kallie, observed her drinking a bottle, played with her a little and assured me that developmentally she was fine. However, there is something ‘not right’ with the way she eats. We are going to have a Swallow Study done sometime next week, where they give Kals some food with dye in it and record the food going down her throat. She said it could be something like her esophagus is too small, or she has a muscle over reacting in her throat.  So, while I’m heartbroken that ‘something is wrong’ I’m so happy that I made the appointment and stuck to my guns. ( Kris was convinced that nothing was wrong) So hopefully we are on the road to easier eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment