Wednesday, October 10, 2012

1st major BOO BOO

I win the mom of the year award. I am still playing the accident over in slow motion in my head, and it happened yesterday morning.
I had Kallie on Katie’s changing table getting her ready for the doctor. I had my hand on her, and stepped to the side to open the closet door and she just dived off the table. I tried to catch her…
She hit the floor. I swear time slowed down. I saw her hit, saw her little body crumble, and she just laid there. I have to admit it; I do NOT handle my kids getting hurt well. I panic.  I scooped Kallie up and screamed for Kris running into our bedroom. He knows me, he knows I over react a lot, but I think he knew something serious had happened. He had to yell at me a few time to let Kallie go so he could look at her. She was crying so hard. When my daughter needed me, I was sitting on the floor in full blown panic attack almost passing out.
Kallie starts throwing up all over Kris. He had just gotten out of the shower, and was wearing a towel. I pulled myself together enough to get the towel and start catching some of the vomit. Kallie was still crying. Lots of vomiting. Kris is calm and cool. Katie was still sitting at the table screaming “ ALL DONE”.
Kris laid Kallie down on our bed to make sure nothing was broken, asking me a million questions on how she fell, where she hit, ect. I answered best I could, replaying it over and over in my head. We checked to make sure her eyes were dilating. Kallie and Kris were covered in vomit, she was still crying but it looked like she was going to be ok. Poor Kals. You could tell she was scared and hurt. I took her from Kris and just held her and rocked her. She eventually calmed down and was fine.

The funny thing about this. The reason I’m posting this. Well….
At some point I got Katie down from the table and she comes running into the bedroom while Kris was holding Kallie. He is naked at this point because I took his towel to try to wipe up some of the vomit. So Katie comes running in, doesn’t even care that Kallie is screaming, that mommy is hyperventilating…oh no. She runs right up to Kris, hits him there and says “WHAT’S THIS?” She hit him, like, 3 times before I snapped out of my panic to grab her and take her away. When I think about Kallie hitting the floor and my stomach drops, all I have to do is think of Katie doing that and I start laughing my butt off. It was so funny…at such a scary time.

You can see her eye is swollen, and the huge knot/rug burn on her forehead. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment